Schezwan / Sichuan / Szechuan is a style of Chinese cuisine originating from Sichuan province in southwestern China.Schezwan Sauce has bold flavours,especially the pungency and spiciness resulting from liberal use of garlic and chilies[Source : Wikipedia]
Schezwan Egg Fried Rice Recipe – Ingredients
Recipe Category: Main | Recipe Cuisine: Indian
Basmati Rice – 1/4 cup
Water – 1/2 cup
Red Chillies – 8 to 10*
Egg – 1
Carrot – 1 small chopped finely
Cabbage – 1/4 cup chopped lengthwise
Capsicum – 1/8 cup chopped finely
Garlic – 2 tsp chopped finely
Schezwan sauce / Red Chilli Paste – 1 heaped tsp
Spring Onion(white part) – 1 tsp
Spring Onion(green part) – 2 tsp
Pepper powder – 1/4 tsp
Olive Oil – 1 tbsp
Salt – to taste
- Soak red chillies in little hot water for an hr,transfer it along with water to a mixer jar then grind it to a fine paste,Set aside .Pressure cook rice with enough water for 3 to 4 whistles.
- Fluff the rice,add little oil and set aside.In a pan heat oil – add chopped garlic and spring onion white part, saute for a minute.Then add onion saute till it turns transparent.
- Add chilli paste,soya sauce then add carrot and cabbage and saute in medium high flame for 2mins.
- Then lower the flame and saute for few mins until the vegetables shrink then add capsicum adn saute for 2mins.
- Finally add egg,scramble it well.
- Now add required salt and pepper powder.Saute for a minute,Then add cooked rice
- Toss it well finally add spring onions green part toss it well and cook for 2mins.
Garnish with chopped spring onions and Serve hot with your choice of side dish or any manchurian.
- Use freshly ground pepper for a great flavour.
- Sauteing the veggies in high flame gives a nice smoky flavour and also helps retain its crunchiness without the raw smell.
- I soaked rice for 15 mins then pressure cooked which yields soft grains separate rice.