I love mini idli sambar or sambar idli the best but only at some restaurants where I like their sambar, here in CBE I love both Annapoorna and Anandas.
Introducing my new idli pot…Finally bought one as per my needs and requirements…yayy? I transformed a steel kadai and was using it all these days…though I have a idli cooker I take it out only when there are guests at home because it is too big.So that justifies this new buy right?! 🙂
Idli Sambar Recipe – Ingredients
Recipe Category: Main | Recipe Cuisine: South Indian
Other Sambar Recipes
- Take a laddle full and add it to the idly pan and steam it for 10-12mins. Say hi to my new idli pot which I’ve been longing to buy 🙂
- Sprinkle little water and carefully slide around the edges using a spoon to take the idlis.Now idlis are ready.Sambar should be hot now get ready with all other ingredients.Take 2 idlis in a plate.
- Pour sambar over it.Pour more till the idlis are fully covered with sambar.
- Yes done, this is what we want, drizzle ghee.Now sprinkle chopped raw onion and coriander leaves.Serve!
- Sambar should be neither thick nor runny, it should be inbetween.
- Make sure your sambar or idli is hot while making sambar idli so that the idlis easily absorb the sambar.Both are hot then bliss 😉
- The idlis shold have porous texture so that it absorbs the sambar well.If they are smooth then it is not suitable for sambar idli.The idli batter should be slightly grainy to achieve this.
- You can use leftover idlis too.