When I made this Orange Jelly, I shared it with my neighbor and they too loved it.Mittu loves any jelly so I prefer making them at home,not that I don’t get it from outside but try the most to avoid jellies from shops.Agar agar does magic to jellies, it sets so well even in room temperature, even beginners can use it.
Orange Jelly Recipe – Ingredients
Recipe Category: Dessert | Recipe Cuisine: Indian
Orange – 3 medium sized (1 cup/250ml)
Agar Agar (China Grass) strips – 5 gms
Orange Essence – few drops
Water- 1/4 cup
Sugar – 1/4 cup
Rose Syrup – 1 tbsp
- Take fresh juicy oranges,rinse itwell.Cut each into half and extract juice.
- Measure and Set aside.Now scrap out the fiber part in each orange half and discard the fiber part.Now take the orange cups alone.
- Fit them inside a muffin pan and keep it ready.Now to the extracted orange juice,add orange food color.
- Then add sugar and orange essence.Set aside.
- Take sauce pan take agar agar rinse it once.Then add 1/2 cup water to it.Boil it.
- Cook until you see a clear liquid without any strips.Now act quickly add the orange juice.Pour it into the orange cups.
- Leave it undisturbed for 30mins.If you touch and see it will be firm thats the right stage.No need to keep in fridge it will set well in room temperature itself.Once set you can leave it in the fridge until serving time.
You can eat it as such or use it in any desserts ,custard based puddings or cakes.mittu loved to have it as such.
- Agar Agar sets beautifully in room temperature itself.But if you want you can refrigerate it.
- You can even set it in individual cups and serve it as such.
- I used Nilgiris brand china grass.
- Adjust sugar according to the orange sweetness.
- Make sure agar agar is dissolved completely.
- Be quick after agar agar mixture is poured,whisk it well then immediately pour to set it.
- If you feel agar agar has impurities then strain and add orange juice.I didn’t have need here so didn’t strain.
- You can use any flavour following this method.You can even add fruit purees.