You can make sweet version by adding coconut,sugar and cardamom powder.
Rice Ada Upma Recipe – Ingredients
Recipe Category: Breakfast | Recipe Cuisine: South Indian
Rice Ada – 3/4 cup
Carrot – 1 small sized grated
Big Onion – 1 chopped finely
Water – 1 cup
Salt – to taste
Coconut Oil – 2 tsp
Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
Jeera – 1/2 tsp
Curry leaves- a small sprig
Green Chilli – 1 small slitted
Hing – a pinch
- Rinse the ada well, then soak in hot water for 15mins.Boil water and cook add for few mins until it becomes soft.
- Drain water and set aside.Fluff it up.Get all your ingredients ready.
- In a pan heat oil in pan – add the items listed under ‘to temper’ let it splutter, then add onion saute till transparent, add required salt.
- Add carrot and saute till raw smell leaves.Add cooked ada.
- Give a quik mix cook covered for 5mins then fluff it up.
Serve hot / warm!
- You can use any of your favorite veggies too.You can even add 1 small tomato for a tangy flavour.
- Do not overcook the veggie, let the crunch be there.
- You can even add a 1/2 tsp of lemon juice for a lemony flavour.