Pineapple Pulao Recipe
Recipe Category: Main | Recipe Cuisine: Indian
Basmati Rice – 1/2 cup
Water – 1 cup
Milk – 1 tbsp
Saffron – a tiny pinch(5-6 strands)
Big Onion – 1 medium chopped lengthwise
Oil – 2 tsp
Salt – to taste
Ghee – 1 tsp + 1 tsp
Cinnamon – one 1/4 inch piece
Cloves – 1
Jeera – 1/2 tsp
Star Anise – 1/2
Fruits & Dry Fruits & Nuts:
Pineapple – 1/2 cup chopped
Almonds – 3 tbsp
Tutti Frutti – 1/4 cup
- Get ready with all your ingredients.Soak saffron in a tbsp of warm milk,Set aside.Soak basmati rice in water for atleast 20mins,Set aside.
- After 20mins, drain water from the rice add saffron milk along with spices.Add water.
- Pressure cook for 3 whistles or until rice is done.Switch off,let the pressure release bu itself.Slowly open and fluff it up with a fork.Add ghee.
- Add required salt,mix well and set aside.Take pineapple in a pan,add sugar and cook covered for 10mins.
- When it becomes a bit soft,switch off.Add a tsp of ghee toast almonds,then tutti frutti.Set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan – add jeera,let it crackle then add onion fry till transparent then add cooked saffron rice.
- Now add pineapple,tutti frutti,almonds and toss it well.
Your Pineapple pulao is ready to be served.
- If you dont want the spices to come while eating then discard them after cooking the rice.
- Dont add pineapple while rice is hot it will leave out water.
- You can even add fried onions.
- Choose pineapple that is just ripe, the pieces should not be mushy.
- You can skip jeera while tempering and add roasted jeera powder too.
- Presoaking rice not only cooks the rice faster, it gives nice soft fluffy rice.
- The pulao is mildly sweet.
- The addition of tutti frutti adds a nice twist to this rice.