Pear is one of the fruits you can introduce to babies from 6 months.Next to apple,pear is one of the safest fruit to start with.Pears are high in fiber and is best suited to start for babies once they start their solids.
Please remember mothers feed is the best and its always good to start with other food only after the baby finishes 6 months.This 4-5 months baby food recipes will help those who are not able to breast feed due to personal / medical conditions.Always consult your pediatrician before introducing any new food.
Pear Puree – Ingredients
Recipe Category: Baby Food | Recipe Cuisine: Indian
Pear – 1 small
Water – 1 cup
Milk – 2 tsp
Note:For milk : You can use either formula milk or mothers feed or regular milk whichever one you are feeding ,Consult your doctor about the type of milk to be introduced this month.
- Wash the pear cut into half.Remove the seed and skin.
- Cut into small cubes and transfer to sauce pan, rinse it once then add water.
- Heat it up, cook covered in low medium flame.Cook for 4-7mins or until pear becomes soft.
- Switch off and cool down.Transfer to a mixer jar.Add milk and blend into a smooth puree.
- For milk : You can use either formula milk or mothers feed or regular milk whichever one you are feeding ,Consult your doctor about the type of milk to be introduced.
- You can skip milk and add water to make it thin to feeding consistency.
- Cook covered to retain the nutrients.
- You can feed this twice a week.
- I recommend this porridge for babies form 6th month
- The texture of the puree is purely your preference.I just pulsed it few times as I didnt want a smooth porridge.
- First start with creamy and smooth purees/porridges. Gradually change texture of fruit and vegetable purees as your baby learns to chew.