Potato Puree can be started once the baby completes 6 months.Potatoes help in healthy weight gain.Potato is one of the vegetables that can be introduced in your baby’s early diet itself as its easy to digest.
Begin by introducing in small quantities whenever you start new vegetables or fruits.Also try to introduce all possible fruits and vegetables within 1 yr age of your baby.
Please remember mothers feed is the best and its always good to start with other food only after the baby finishes 6 months.These baby food recipes will help those who are not able to breast feed due to personal / medical conditions.Always consult your pediatrician before introducing any new food.
Pumpkin Puree Recipe – Ingredients
Recipe Category: Baby Food | Recipe Cuisine: Indian
Potato – 1
Milk – 2 tsp
Water – 1 cup
- Rinse potatoes well to get rid of the mud that is sticking.Scrap out the skin, and discard them.Wash it well then cut into small pieces roughly.
- Take the cut pieces in a sauce pan along with water and cook covered.Cook in low medium flame until it becomes soft.
- If you mash it with between your fingers it should easily mash,thats the right stage.Take half od the cooked potatoes in a bowl.Now take a spoon.
- Mash it well without any lumps, then add milk and mix well to desired feeding consistency.
- Take the remainig potatoes,Puree it along with cooked water.I used a blender, you can even use a mixie.
- Cook the veggie until it is soft, just press and see to check if it has cooked.
- Choose firm potatoes without any deep spots on the skin.
- For milk : You can use either formula milk or mothers feed or regular milk whichever one you are feeding ,Consult your doctor about the type of milk to be introduced.
- You can skip milk and add water to make it thin to feeding consistency.
- Cook covered to retain the nutrients.
- You can add salt if you prefer.
- The texture of the puree is purely your preference.Gradually change texture of fruit and vegetable purees as your baby learns to chew.
- You can feed this twice a week.