This recipe was suggested to me by my sister.After seeing my wheat cerelac post, she asked me to try it with dryfruits.So few days back, I tried it,actually this is more tastier than the normal wheat cerelac, seeing gugus reaction while feeding made me so happy.Yes he usually sings a rhythm when he is happy liking something….:)
So thought to share this recipe as I have started to feed it for my lil one.If you have already started feeding milk for your baby then mix with hot milk or you can use hot water and feed.I recommend this for 10 month babies and above.
Multigrain Wheat Cerelac Recipe – Ingredients
Recipe Category: Baby Food| Recipe Cuisine: Indian
For making cerelac:
Cerelac Mix – 2 tbsp
Hot Water – as needed
- Take palm sugar in a mixer jar, powder it fine.Measure 3/4 cup Multigrain Wheat flour and take it in a mixing bowl.
- Now add palm sugar candy powder,then wheat flour,nuts powder.
- Then add raisins and cranberries.
- .Mix well with a whisk,Set aside.Measure chilled butter.Melt it and add it.
- Mix well so that it resembles bread crumbs texture.Then add water.
- Knead it to a soft dough like our chapathi dough.Take a butter paper,keep the dough in between 2 sheets.Roll with a chapathi roller to a thin sheet.Prick with fork and cut into small squares.
- Lay butter paper on the baking tray,now carefully transfer the squares to the baking sheet.Bake in preheated oven for 15-20mins.When the edges start to brown(mine got baked in 12mins itself),so I collected the edge biscuits in a plate and baked the rest for the remaining time until its browned.Cool down the biscuits completely.
- Take it in a mixer jar and grind it,scrap the sides and grind till you get a semi coarse mixture.Spread it in a plate and cool down and then store.
- Take Multigrain Wheat cerelac powder in a bowl,add hot water to it,keep adding till you reach the desired consistency.
- While rolling, make sure to roll it thin.
- The biscuits should be crisp, only then the shelf life will be more.
- If the biscuits are soft and chewy then while powdering you may not get a fine dry powder.So make sure to bake the biscuits until browned and crispy.
- This will keep well atleast for a month.
- Raisins helps to avoid constipation.