Chilli Garlic Noodles Recipe – Ingredients
Recipe Category: Main | Recipe Cuisine: Indian
Hakka Noodles – 1/2 packet(75 gms)
Garlic – 2 tbsp finely chopped
Red Chilli paste – 1 tsp
Soya Sauce – 1/4 tsp
Vinegar – 1/4 tsp
Spring Onion(white part) – 1 tsp
Spring Onion(green part) – 1 tbsp
Pepper powder – 1/2 tsp
Olive Oil – 1 tbsp
Salt – to taste
- Boil water , add hakka noodles.
- Cook with required salt.Cook until noodles turn soft yet firm enough to bite into.Don’t mush it up.Rinse it immediately in cold water to avoid the noodles from further cooking.Drain water using a colander.Toss the noodles in little oil and set aside.
- In a pan heat oil – add chopped garlic and spring onion white part, saute for a minute.Keep the flame in medium high flame.
- Add soya sauce,vinegar and chilli paste.
- Cook in high flame for a minute.Adjust salt if required.Finally add cooked noodles and give a toss.
- Toss till the sauce coats the noodles evenly.Add remaining spring onion and switch off.
Serve hot with your choice of side dish or any manchurian.
- You can add chopped onions if you prefer.
- Sauteing in high flame gives a nice smoky flavour and also helps retain its crunchiness without the raw smell.
- Cook noodles perfectly not too mushy or undercook it.It should be soft yet slightly crunchy enough to bite.
- If you dont have chilli paste, just soak 2 red chillies in hot water for 15mins then grind to a coarse paste.
- Alternatively you can add schezwan sauce too instead of red chilli paste.