Pear is one of the fruits you can introduce to babies after 5months.Next to apple,pear is one of the safest fruit to start with.Pears are high in fiber and is best suited to start for babies once they start their solids.Oats is a whole grain that is packed with fiber and is very nutritious.Whole grain means the nutritious part of the grain has not been removed.I don’t prefer using instant oats as they are processed so much, try to use steel cut oats or rolled oats.I dont have any luck finding rolled oats here luckily one of my reader Usha gave me a big pack of rolled oats so I used it here.
I tried this porridge yesterday for gugus breakfast and he had it without any fuss, thankfully.:)
Please remember mothers feed is the best and its always good to start with other food only after the baby finishes 6 months.This 4-5 months baby food recipes will help those who are not able to breast feed due to personal / medical conditions.Always consult your pediatrician before introducing any new food.
Pear Oats Porridge Recipe for Babies – Ingredients
Recipe Category: Baby Food | Recipe Cuisine: Indian
Pear – 1 small
Rolled Oats – 1 heaped tbsp
Water – 1 cup
- Wash the pear cut into half.Remove the seed and skin.
- Cut them into small cubes roughly.Rinse it once then take it in a sauce pan,add oats to it.
- Add water to it.Heat it up, cook covered in low medium flame.
- Cook for 4-7mins or until pear becomes soft.Switch off and cool down.Transfer to a mixer jar.
- Puree it smooth or coarse according to your preference.Mix and feed.
- You can add a tiny pinch of cinnamon too for flavour.
- I recommend this porridge for babies form 6th month.
- The texture of the puree is purely your preference.I just pulsed it few times as I didnt want a smooth porridge.
- First start with creamy and smooth purees/porridges.Gradually change texture of fruit and vegetable purees as your baby learns to chew.
- You can feed this twice a week.