Jelly Custard Popsicles Recipe – Ingredients
Recipe Category: Dessert | Recipe Cuisine: Indian
Full Cream Milk – 1 and 1/2 cups
Vanilla Custard powder – 1 and 1/2 tbsp
Sugar – 3 tbsp
Jelly – 1/2 cup cubed
Cardamom powder – a pinch (optional)
- Boil milk(reserve a tbsp of milk) for 5mins until its bubbles up nicely.Simmer and then add sugar.Mix well.
- To a tbsp of milk add custard powder, mix well to form a runny paste without any lumps.Add this to simmering milk.
- Keep cooking ,slowly it will get thick.
- Cook in low flame and keep mixing so that there are no lumps.At one stage the custard will nicely form a thick coating, it will coat the laddle like this, it should be thick as shown below.At this stage, switch off and cool down completely.
- Now take your jelly cubes and add it to the custard mixture.Mix gently.
- Spoon the mixture into your favorite popsicle mould till 3/4th.
- Close with lids and freeze atleast for 6-8 hrs.I freezed it overnight.Then carefully show the bottom part in running tap water, set aside undisturbed for atleast 2-3mins then slowly pull out the lid.
- This custard tends to thicken with time, so switch off when its still goey to get the right consistency.
- Cool down the custard fully before pouring it into the mould.
- After the jelly is added the mixture will become little runny so make sure the cooked custard is thickish.
- I used rose jelly here, you can use any of your favorite flavour too.