These cookies are soft and chewy in the center with slightly crunchy edges.These can be done in a breeze just mix and bake.Just that the steps look elaborate but trust me it can be done quickly.
Eggless Oatmeal Raisin Cookies Recipe – Ingredients
Recipe Category: Sweet | Recipe Cuisine: Indian
Rolled Oats – 1 and 1/4 cup
Wheat Flour – 1/4 cup
Raisins – 1/4 cup
Cinnamon powder -1/4 tsp
Baking soda – 1/4 tsp
Butter – 1/4 cup
Powdered Sugar – 1/4 cup
Milk -1/4 cup
Honey – 1 tbsp
- Measure and get ready with the ingredients.I used oat flakes which was close to rolled oats.Take wheat flour in a mixing bowl, add cinnamon powder, then baking soda.
- Whisk it well,Set aside.Measure butter.
- Just heat the butter for few seconds and melt it.Take in a mixing bowl, add powdered sugar.
- Whisk it for a from a creamy mixture,then add honey and milk.
- Now add vanilla essence and whisk it well.
- Now add the wheat flour mixture ,whisk to form a smooth batter without any lumps.
- Now add oats give a quick mix.I switched to a spatula here.
- Finally our star ingredient rsiains, add it.Mix with a spatula.
- The mixture will be moist and goey.Place a butter paper on the baking tray and get ready.I used a tbsp to measure to get even sized cookies..Scoop out using a tbsp,carefully place it in the tray.Flatten it slightly with the back of the spoon.While you do this preheat oven at 180 deg C for 10mins.
- Leave enough space(atleast 1 inch gap) as the cookies spread out nicely.Bake in preheated oven for 15-20mins or until the cookies are golden.Keep an eye after 15mins.
Store in an airtight container.
- You can even add brown sugar to make it more healthy.I ran out of stock so used white powdered sugar.
- Do not overbake , when its golden stop baking..it can easily burn so keep an eye after 15mins because each oven take different timings.
- I felt the sweetness was a bit more because of raisins so you can minus a tsp of sugar.But mittu loved it and so for kids this sweetness is ok.
- I got 13 big sized cookies.