Carrot Potato Puree can be given to babies after 6 months.Carrots gives natural sweetness to this puree while potatoes gives a nice creamy texture.I am sure most fussy babies will also like this, yes gugu liked it too.
Please remember mothers feed is the best and its always good to start with other food only after the baby finishes 6 months.These baby food recipes will help those who are not able to breast feed due to personal / medical conditions.Always consult your pediatrician before introducing any new food.
Carrot Potato Puree Recipe – Ingredients
Recipe Category: Baby Food | Recipe Cuisine: Indian
Carrot – 1
Potato – 1/2
Jeera – 1/4 tsp
Hing – a very tiny pinch
- Wash both the vegetables.Take 1 carrot,trim the edges,Peel off the skin.Take 1/2 potato,peel the skin.Chop them roughly into small pieces.
- Rinse it once.Add water till immersing level to the bowl, then add jeera and hing.
- Close with a lid and place it in a pressure cooker containing water till 1/4th of the bowl.Close and pressure cook for 3 whistles.Let the pressure release by itself, once the pressure releases,allow it to cool.
- Then transfer to a mixer and puree it until smooth.You can mash it and feed too.
- Do not add more water, just water till immersing level is just enough.
- Puree it along with the water.Do not strain water.
- You can mash it with spoon and feed too.
- Adding jeera is optional but I recommend as it gives nice flavour and helps in digestion too.
- Your baby’s poop will be orange in colour after having this puree.Do not panic seeing that, it is because of the carrots.
- Make fresh puree.I don’t recommend freezing aby baby food purees.
- You can feed this twice a week.