Check out more raita recipes :
Aloo Raita Recipe
Recipe Category: Raita | Recipe Cuisine: Indian
Thick Curd – 1 cup
Aloo – 1 small cubed
Sugar – 1 tsp
Red Chilli Powder – 1/2 tsp
Chat Masala Powder – 1/4 tsp
Roasted Jeera Powder – 1/4 tsp
Sugar – 1 tsp(optional)
Salt – to taste
- Pressure cook potato for 3-4 whistles until soft but not too mushy.You should be able to cut into cubes thats the correct stage.Set it aside.Measure and take curd in a mixing bowl.
- Whisk it well.Add red chilli powder,chat masala powder,roasted jeera powder and required salt and a pinch of sugar.
- I added little more sugar.Mix well.Now add cubed potatoes and coriander leaves.Mix well.
Serve with a sprinkle of red chilli powder and garnish with coriander leaves.Serve with pulao / rotis!
- You can even use black salt instead of normal salt.
- Use thick curd else the raita would become watery.
- Refrigerate until serving time else the curd will give a sour taste.
- Though I have given sugar as optional, I recommend adding it if you like tangy taste.