But remember mothers feed is the best and its always good to start with other food only after the baby finishes 6 months.These baby food recipes will help those who are not able to breast feed due to personal / medical conditions.Always consult your paediatrician before introducing any new food.
Homemade Rice Cereal – Ingredients
Recipe Category: Sidedish | Recipe Cuisine: Indian
Cooking Rice – 1 cup
Split Yellow Moong Dal – 1/2 cup
Jeera – 1 tsp
Hing – 1/4 tsp
- Measure rice and dal.Take rice first,rinse it well atleast 2-3 times then drain water.
- Transfer to a pan and start roasting.In few mins you can see it moisture free and start drying up.
- Keep roasting in low flame until it looks puffy and white.You can see the close look of the rice when its done.Switch off at this stage.
- Next take dal,rinse it well atleast 2-3 times then drain water.
- Transfer to a pan and start roasting.In few mins you can see it moisture free and start drying up.Roast till golden brown.
- Let it cool down.Dry roast jeera till slightly browned.Add hing and roast for a minute.
- Switch off,transfer it to rice dal and Let it cool down.Now transfer this to a mixer jar.
- Grind to a slightly coarse mixture.Sieve using a medium holed siever.Cool down and then store in airtight container.
Keeps well atleast for 2-3 months.
- After washing the rice, you can even sundry it but I prefer roasting it as such.If you are sun drying it then make sure to keep it covered to avoid dust and insects.
- Don’t let it brown, just roast in low flame.
- I used normal cooking rice we use, you can try with any other rice variety too.
- But always consult your paediatrician before introducing any new food.
- I powdered it in small mixer jar and it was nicely powdered more like our rice flour.I kept grinding it again and again to get that texture.
- If your cereal is little coarse then you need to cook for more time.
- You can store this in a clean jar for upto 3months.It comes handy during travel.