Mushroom Masala Recipe
Recipe Category: Sidedish | Recipe Cuisine: Indian
Mushroom – 1 cup
Big Onion – 1 small sized finely chopped
Tomato – 2 medium sized roughly chopped
Red Chilli Powder – 1 tsp
Garam Masala powder – 1/2 tsp
Coriander Leaves – 2 tsp for garnish
Water – as required
Salt – to taste
To roast and grind to a paste:
Coconut – 1 heaped tbsp
Coriander Seeds – 1/2 tbsp
Fennel Seeds – 1 tsp
Pepper Corns – 1/2 tsp
Red Chillies – 2
Cinnamon -1/4 inch piece
Cloves – 1
Oil – 2 tsp
Kalpasi – 1/4 tsp
Garlic – 1 tbsp finely chopped
Curry Leaves – few
- Take all(except coconut)the ingredients listed under ‘to roast and grind’ in a pan roast for few mins until slightly golden then add coconut.
- Fry till golden brown.Transfer this to a mixer jar,add little water and grind it to a fine paste.Set aside.
- Heat oil add kalpasi,curry leaves,garlic and saute for few mins.Then add onion and saute till transparent then add tomatoes.
- Saute till mushy,let the raw smell leave.Now add the masala paste.
- Cook for few mins then add required salt.Cook in low flame until it comes like a thick mass.
- Take clean mushroom, add garam masala powder mix well and add it.Mix well.Cook for few mins,it will leave out water.
- Now add little more water and cook till it becomes like a sauce
Serve with rice / roti.
- It is medium spicy, if you prefer you can reduce it as per your preference.
- The consistency is purely your choice.Add less water and make it a dry curry too