I didn’t plan to make Baby Corn Soup .Actually when I bought baby corn last week for mittu, the baby corns were not tender, so picked all the small ones and packed for her lunchbox yesterday, so made soup with the remaining ones.The soup turned out so creamy and delicious perfect for this weather too, yes its raining here yayy!! 🙂 I replaced cornflour with potatoes this time and the soup was so creamy and yummy.
Baby Corn Soup Recipe – Ingredients
Recipe Category: Soup | Recipe Cuisine: Indian
Baby Corn – 5 medium sized
Potato – 1 small
Garlic – 2 fat cloves
Water – 1/2 cup
Milk – 1/4 cup + 1/2 cup
Pepper Powder – 1 tsp
Oregano – 1/4 tsp
Fresh Cream – 2 tsp
Salt – to taste
- Rinse baby corn, trim the edges chop them roughly and transfer to a pressure cooker.Peel the skin of potato and add it.Add 2 garlic cloves.
- Add 1/2 cup water , 1/4 cup milk and required salt.
- Now pressure cook for 4-5 whistles or until mushy.Once pressure releases,cool down and then transfer to a mixer.
- Grind to a smooth paste.Transfer this mixture to a sauce pan, add remaining milk.
- Boil it up for 5mins until it bubbles up, do this in low flame.Add crushed pepper,oregano.Adjust salt at this stage.
- Once it starts to boil, switch off and add more pepper powder if needed.Add some cooked baby corn,drizzle fresh cream and serve hot!
Serve hot with a generous sprinkle of pepper powder.
- The consistency of the soup is thickish more like cream soup.
- Fresh cream gives nice flavour to the soup.
- Use freshly ground pepper powder.
- Add a pinch of sugar if you want a slightly sweet taste.
- You can reserve few cooked baby corn to be added as topping for extra crunch just like I did.