I think this mango kesari will be one among my few milestone pics…yes it took around 2 hrs for me to finish the photoshoot, kept on changing the bowls, backgrounds…I even broke a bowl in that hassle 🙁 But finally liked this setup and clicked it to hearts content 🙂 Have I justified enough for the many pics posted here than the usual 4 🙂
Mango Kesari Recipe
Recipe Category: Sweet| Recipe Cuisine: Indian
Rava / Sooji – 1/4 cup
Ghee – 1/8 cup
Water – 1/2 cup + 1/4 cup
Mango – 1 small
Sugar – 1/2 cup
Cashews – 5 whole
Saffron – 6 strands
- Heat half of ghee in a pan add rava and roast for just 2mins in low flame,Set aside.
- Take mango,sugar,saffron and cardamom in a mixer and blend it to a smooth paste.Measure and set aside.It came to almost 3/4 cup.
- Heat water in a pan when it starts to boil add roasted rava.Cook in low flame.
- Cook until it becomes soft and slightly dry.
- At this stage add mango sugar mixture.Again it will become goey.Keep stirring to avoid lumps.
- Add remaining ghee reserving just a tsp for frying cashews, cook covered in low flame for 3mins.
- Fry cashews in ghee till golden brown and add it to the kesari.When it forms a mass and comes together then switch off.
Serve hot / warm with cashews garnished…heaven!
- I used Neelam variety of mango.
- Use less fibre fleshy mango variety.
- Adding saffron is optional but I love mango kesar combo very much, its a match made.
- Also adding kesar gives a deep yellow color to the kesari even without adding any food color.
- You can add any nuts of your choice, you can even add chopped almonds.
- I used 1(rava):2 and 1/4(water) cup ratio.
- It will become thick, you can heat it up while serving for the ghee to melt and grease the kesari.
Enjoy the kesari hot / warm with a dollop of ghee….yumm!!