I hope by now you know how crazy I am when it comes to popsicles, I love trying variety of popsicles.When I visited Shyamala’s house few weeks back, she gave me chikko(sapota)fruit with which I made these popsicles.They turned out so creamy and yummy.I have once tried sapota milkshake other than that haven’t experimented much with it.
Chikoo Popsicle Recipe
Recipe Category: Popsicles | Recipe Cuisine: Indian
Sapota(Chikku) – 1 and 1/2 cups (skin peeled,desseded and cubed)
Milk – 1 cup
Coco Powder – 1 tsp
Sugar – 3 tbsp
- Peel the skin, remove the seeds and cube chikoo.Take it in amixer jar, add sugar to it
- Then add milk.Add coco powder.
- Blend until smooth and creamy.Take your favorite popsicle mould, pour till 3/4th of the popsicle mould.
- Close with lid and freeze it for atleast 6-8 hrs.I usually freeze it overnight.Then show the mould under running tap water and carefully pull out.
- Dont have a popsicle mould?! dont worry use disposable plastic cups or even thick paper cups cling wrap aluminium foil and us icecream sticks and freeze it.It demoulds easily or you can even cut the cups to get the popsicles out.
- Adding coco powder is optional but I recommend adding for a chocolatey touch.
- Freezing for atleast 6 hrs is required but I kept it overnight.
- For easy demoulding – show the popsicle moulds in warm water, then pull the stick out slowly to get the ice pops clean.