This rice porridge using homemade rice cereal is the first solid food I started for gugu soon after he completed 6months but this porridge is suitable for babies from 5th month itself.Initially he didn’t like it, then I tried adding carrot / dal water now I have started adding veg purees to the porridge and slowly he started liking it.
But remember mothers feed is the best and its always good to start with other food only after the baby finishes 6 months.This 4-5 months baby food recipes will help those who are not able to breast feed due to personal / medical conditions.Always consult your paediatrician before introducing any new food.
Rice Porridge – Ingredients
Recipe Category: Baby Food | Recipe Cuisine: Indian
- Take rice cereal, measure and take in a pan.Add water and whisk it well.Do this off the flame.
- Now heat it up.Cook till it becomes thick, cook in low flame so that it gets cooked well.
- Add salt if adding.Now it has reached the desired consistency.It should be thick as well as flowing.It gets even more thick after cooling down.Feed it warm as such or you can flavour it as needed.
- Sterilise the serving bowl.Transfer the porridge to the serving bowl, add carrot water / dal water mix well and feed.
- Cook in low flame, make sure it gets cooked well.Each coarse mixture should be mashable, you can taste and check it.
- Adding carrot water / dal water is optional but enhances the tastes so I prefer adding.
- You can even add few drops of ghee while feeding or add it to the porridge while cooking itself.I use homemade ghee.
- This porridge gets thick after cooling down so switch off accordingly.