Check other baby food recipes
It is always recommended to exclusively breastfeed your baby for the first 6 months.If you want to gift something special for your precious baby for lifetime then this is it….Incase if you have any medical issues and planning to start weaning from the 4th month then this series will help those.
I was not lucky enough for mittu as my feed was not sufficient so had to rely on formula from the very first and I still feel for that but I was helpless at that time so had to go with it.I didn’t want the same to happen for gugu so was very specific about my diet during my pregnancy.Thankfully I didn’t face the issue for him.
Attimes I felt stressed out when my mother said the milk isn’t sufficient because the baby cried and asked me to go in for formula feed.I was stubborn, we had our good fights and arguments but all ended up well.And later she understood daughters are also right at times 😉 Yes after 6months of exclusive feeding we have started our solids yayy!!Thanks to my Paediatrician who made us understand that there can be several other reasons for the baby to cry other than for milk.Thank you Keerthi for the great motivation and encouraging words which I needed the most during those stressed hours.
I started with this simple carrot water for gugu so thought to start with this simple recipe.The recipes I post here are collective from the what doctor suggests, from friends and relatives too.Please read my notes for more details.
Carrot water – Ingredients
Recipe Category: Baby Food | Recipe Cuisine: Indian
Carrot – 1*
Water – 3/4 cup
Note : Start with 1/2 carrot initially then you can increase.
- Wash carrot well.Trim both the edges,peel off the skin and chop into small pieces.
- Add water and pressure cook for 3-4 whistles.You can open cook in a vessel too.Add salt if you are adding.
- Once pressure releases,let it cool down a bit, then use a mathu to mash it up well or use a blender,I prefer blender as its easy.You can even use a mixie.
- Use a strainer and filter the water alone.Press it nicely with a spoon so that the juice is extracted completely.Discard the pulp.
- When you first start, start with liquid foods like vegetable filtered soups that helps in easy digestion.You can then move gradually to purees within a week or so.
- If its not hot, dont heat up the soup directly.Keep it inside boiling water to heat it up.
- If you are starting anything new, always start in the morning.
- Always give atleast 2-3 days before you start with the next new food.