Gobi paratha recipe with step by step photos – Gobi paratha is a popular stuffed paratha in North India especially in Punjab.Gobi paratha is our family favorite including the little one,easy and delicious gobi paratha just for you all!
Stuffed parathas are loved by all at home especially hubby who is not fond of chapathi also will eat stuffed parathas without any complaints.We(me and mittu) are crazy chapathi lovers so its a treat to us.Mittu prefers stuffed parathas for lunchbox and that way I sneak in many veggies which she doesn’t touch, am sure mothers of picky eaters will understand my pain.We had gobi paratha with boondi raita yum combo.I usually make gobi paratha this way but grating,sauteing and then stuffing is near to impossible during morning hrs especially now with the minion who wants to say hi to the world every now and then while napping 🙁 So I make this easy method of gobi paratha for packing mittu s lunchbox.This is a long pending post finally got time to edit the pictures.
Gobi Paratha Recipe – Ingredients
Recipe Category: Main | Recipe Cuisine: North Indian
Wheat Flour – 1 cup
Cauliflower florets – 1/2 cup heaped
Red Chilli Powder – 1 tsp
Roasted Jeera Powder – 1/2 tsp
Amchoor powder – a tiny pinch
Garam Masala Powder – 1 tsp
Coriander Leaves – 1 tbsp finely chopped
Salt – to taste
Oil/ Ghee – to toast
Step by step gobi paratha recipe:
- In a wide mixing bowl add wheat flour, salt and first give a quick mix for salt to be even. Then add water little by little, gather to form a soft pliable dough.Once it is gathered to a mass add 1/2 tsp oil and knead it once.The dough should not be too tight or too loose, it should be non sticky at this stage.Allow it to rest.
- Cut cauliflower into small florets, add it to warm water to remove worms if any.Then steam cook it, you can pressure cook it too.In a mixer add green chillies along with cauliflower.
- Just run it once,Set aside.Heat oil in a pan crackle jeera, then add the cauliflower mixture.
- Add required salt,red chilli powder,roasted jeera powder,garam masala powder and amchoor powder.Give a quick mix so that the spices are nicely mixed.Finally add coriander leaves and mix it.Set aside to cool.
- Now pinch a lemon sized ball , Flour the surface and roll the chappathi dough slightly thicker..Spoon the mixture may be 2 tsp.Gather the dough from all sides like shown below.Seal it completely.
- Flip over and press it well with your hands so that the stuffing is even on all sides.Then roll into slightly thin parathas as per your preference, dust flour then and there to avoid sticking.
- Heat a dosa pan and carefully transfer the paratha, drizzle oil / ghee .Once it starts to bubble on one side,Flip over to other side and cook till brown spots appear here and there.It will start puffing up when we press it.Cook well on both sides.Brush it with ghee.
Serve hot with any pickle of your choice or with curd!
- You can even mash it with a masher instead is blending it.
- The spices are mild here if you want you can add a little more to make it spicy.
- Roll your parathas thick or thin as you like it.
- While rolling for the first time don’t give more pressure in the center as the filling is going to be placed in the center and rolled again so make sure the center part is little thicker.
- While making parathas always keep the flame in medium high and keep adjusting so that the parathas cook perfectly and soft too.