Chocolate Lassi Recipe – Ingredients
Recipe Category: Beverage | Recipe Cuisine: Indian
Chilled Thick Curd(Yogurt) – 1 cup
Granulated Sugar -1.5 tbsp
Coco Powder – 1 heaped tsp
Chocolate Shavings – 1 tbsp
Drinking Chocolate powder -1 tsp
Chocolate vermicelli – for garnish
- Take curd in a mixing bowl.Add sugar.
- Whisk it well first,Set aside.Now take cooking chocolate shavings and coco powder in a bowl and cook in double boiling method.Make sure the bowl containing chocolate should not touch the surface of boiling water directly.I kept a small steel cup and placed the bowl over it.Check here for detailed method.Just mix till it becomes crumbly, you can cook till saucy consistency too, check my notes.
- Now add the coco-chocolate mixture,then drinking chocolate powder and blend it well.I used my blender, you can use whipper blade in your mixie too.
Serve chilled and frothy with a sprinkle of chocolate vermicelli/shavings.
- You can melt the chocolate to a sauce and then add too, but I preferred choco bits here and there in my lassi so added a crumbly mixture to blend.
- You can add a pinch of black salt too.
- I used dark cooking chocolate so had to add more sugar.Adjust sugar quantity according to your preference.
- You can even use hand whisk to blend it together.