Sidedish Recipes which pairs well with fried rice :
- Gobi Manchurian
- Baby Corn Manchurian, Baby Corn Manchurin Gravy
- Chilli Paneer
- Veg Balls Manchurian
- Mushroom Manchurian
Baby Corn Fried Rice – Ingredients
Recipe Category: Main | Recipe Cuisine: Indian
Basmati Rice – 1 cup
Water – 1 and 1/2 cups
Baby Corn – 8
Carrot – 1/4 cup chopped lengthwise
Garlic – 1 tbsp finely chopped
Spring onions (white part) – 1 tsp finely chopped
Spring onions (green part) – 1 tbsp finely chopped
Capsicum – 1/3 cup chopped lengthwise(I used colored ones)
Soya sauce – 1/8 tsp
Pepper powder – 1 tsp(freshly cracked)
Olive Oil – 1 tbsp + 1 tsp
Sugar – 1/2 tsp
Salt – to taste
- Boil water with a tiny pinch of turmeric powder and salt.Add baby corn and parboil it.Just cook for 5mins.Drain, trim both the edges and slit it into 2 vertically.
- Further slit into 2 , this is optional as my baby corns were fat I did this.Chop into small finger size pieces, collect in a bowl.
- Soak basmati rice for 30mins then pressure cook for 3 whistles in medium flame in the ratio 1(rice):1.5(water) cups.Spread it and fluff it up with a fork add a tsp of oil and let it cool down.Chop the veggies and get ready with it.
- In a pan heat oil – add garlic, and spring onions white part – saute for a minute till it turns slightly browned.Then Then add carrot saute for 2mins.Then add baby corn,capsicum and saute for a minute
- Add soya sauce,required salt and pepper powder.Saute the veggies in high flame.
- Add spring onion green and give a quick stir.Add cooked rice, a pinch of sugar and give a quick stir.Switch off.
Serve hot with your choice of side dish or any manchurian.
- You can also add 2 tbsp onion while sauteing the veggies.
- Use freshly ground pepper for a great flavour.
- Sauteing the veggies in high flame gives a nice smoky flavour and also retains its crunchiness without the raw smell.
- I soaked basmati rice for 30 mins then pressure cooked for 1:1.5 ratio(rice:water) for 3 whistles in medium low flame.It depends on your cooker and basmati rice variety too.
- Make sure to fluff the rice and spread it with little olive oil to make the grains separate.Allow it to rest atleast for 15mins.