Making Pineapple Jam at home is very easy, yes with no preservatives, artificial colors and flavours this homemade pineapple jam is full of fruity goodness. Mittu loves pineapple so that was the main reason that I wanted to start trying a jam with this fruit.She loved it so much that she started to eat it as such and it got emptied so soon.I made this jam last summer and the pictures were sitting idle and so thought its the right time to post it.
Pineapple Jam Recipe
Recipe Category: Preserves | Recipe Cuisine: South Indian
Pineapple cubes – 2 cups tightly packed
Sugar – 1/2 cup(optional)
Lemon Juice – 1 tsp
- Clean pineapple,scrap the outer skin.Slice it and then cut into small cubes.
- Take it in a mixer and puree it.In a nonstick or heavy bottomed pan take the puree along with sugar.
- The sugar will melt and become runny.Let the mixture cook in low medium flame for 10-15mins.
- It will start to thicken keep stirring occasionally.When you see the jam consistency switch off and let it cool down.
- Now add lemon juice and mix well.Store in a clean container.
Serve with bread toast / plain bread.
- Add lemon juice only after the mixture is completely cooled.
- You can add a drop of pineapple essence if you like.
- Do not cook in high flame.
- You can even add chopped pineapple pieces as such if you want the fruit pulpy pieces in your jam.
- Using a thick bottomed utensil is a must.
- Refrigerate it.Keeps well for atleast for 2-3 weeks.
- It may get slightly thick after refrigerating so before use keep in room temperature for a spreadable consistency.