Check out more recipes already posted :
Baby Corn Chilli Recipe – Ingredients
Recipe Category: Side dish / Starter | Recipe Cuisine: Indo Chinese
For the batter :
Baby Corn – about 15
Cornflour – 3 tbsp
Maida – 2 tbsp
Pepper powder – 1 tsp
Salt – to taste
Oil – to toast
Olive Oil – 1 tbsp
Big Onion – 1/4 cup chopped lengthwise
Green Chilli – 1 chopped finely
Spring onions(white part)- 1 tsp white part
Capsicum – 1/3 cup chopped lengthwise
Garlic – 1 tsp chopped finely
Soya sauce – 1/4 tsp
Red Chilli Sauce – 1/2 tsp
Tomato Sauce – 1 tbsp
Pepper powder – 1/4 tsp
Salt – to taste
Spring onions(green part)- 2 tbsp green part
- Boil water, switch off and add Baby Corn to it and cook for 5mins.Then cut them into strips.
- In a mixing bowl take cornflour,maida,pepper powder and salt.Add little water to make a smooth paste.
- Get all your ingredients ready.Dip baby corn strips into it and fry it in a pan with little oil.You can deep fry it too.
- Drain it in tissue paper and set aside.Heat oil in a pan – add green chillies,garlic and spring onion white part and saute for 2mins then add onion, saute for a while till its transparent then add capsicum and saute for few mins.
- Then add toasted baby corn along with sauces(tomato sauce,chilli and soya sauce).Add pepper powder.
- Give a quick toss. Garnish with spring onions green part, give a quick mix and serve hot.
Serve hot with any fried rice of your choice or just as a starter.Serve immediately before it becomes soggy.
- Don’t skip spring onions as it gives a nice flavour.
- Adding onions is purely optional, you can skip that too.
- Chilli sauce and soy sauce forms the base for any Chilli.
- The consistency is purely your choice, you can make it saucy / dry.
- Always serve hot as it may turn soggy when resting time is given.
- Make sure not to saute the veggies for a long time in the sauce as the veggies need to be crunchy.
- Dont add more soya sauce than the mentioned amount else it will change the taste and make the Chilli more darker in color.