I tasted Broccoli Salt and Pepper at Taj Prego and that was the very first time I tasted Broccoli and loved it.It came as a side for Nethili fry and it was so good.That time I didn’t know the recipe but after that I tasted the same dish at a buffet lunch recently and I could easily guess the ingredients and tried it the next day itself.If you don’t like broccoli, try this for yourself am sure you will change your mind.
Broccoli Salt and Pepper Recipe
Recipe Category: Snack | Recipe Cuisine: Indian
Broccoli florets- 2 cups loosely packed
Pepper corns – 1 tsp
Maida – 1.5 tbsp
Cornflour – 3 tbsp
Garlic – 2 tsp finely chopped
Big Onion – 2 tbsp finely chopped
Capsicum – 1/4 cup cubed(I used colored ones)
Tomato Sauce – 1 tsp
Salt – to taste
- Boil water, when it starts to boil add cleaned broccoli florets along with salt and cook for 1 minute.Drain water and set aside,
- Powder pepper corns, I used my hand mortar and pestle.In a mixing bowl add maida and cornflour along with 1/4 tsp pepper powder and salt.Sprinkle little water to make a paste.Add cooked broccoli florets to it and toss it well, the batter should just coat the florets.
- Heat oil in a kadai, drop few pieces and deep fry till crisp and it turns golden at the edges.Drain in tissue paper.Deep fry the remaining florets, drain in tissue paper and set aside.
- In a pan heat oil, add chopped garlic let it fry for a minute then add onion, capsicum saute for 2mins, it should be crunchy.Now add remaining pepper powder,salt to taste and tomato ketchup.
- Mix well , now add fried broccoli and toss it well.
Serve hot as a starter or with phulka!
- Don’t overcook broccoli,just parboiling is enough.
- You can add chopped spring onion at the final stage for extra flavour.
- The batter should be thick and sticky.
- Make sure to turn over and cook while deep frying for even cooking.