Soya Chunks Capsicum Curry Recipe
Recipe Category: Main | Recipe Cuisine: South Indian
Soya Chunks – 3/4 cup(around 20)
Ginger Garlic Paste – 1/2 tsp
Onion – 1/4 cup chopped lengthwise
Tomato – 2 medium sized
Capsicum – 1/4 cup chopped lengthwise
Tomato Sauce – 1 tbsp(optional)
Red Chilli Powder – 1/2 tsp
Coriander Powder – 1/4 tsp
Garam Masala Powder – 1/2 tsp
Coriander Leaves – 1 tbsp chopped
Salt – to taste
For the marinade:
Red Chilli Powder -1/4 tsp
Fennel Seeds powder – 1/8 tsp
Coriander powder – 1/4 tsp
Garam Masala Powder – 1/4 tsp
Salt – to taste
Green Chilli – 1 finely chopped
Pepper – 1 tsp
Fennel Seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Boil water, switch off and add soya chunks to it and keep aside for 10mins till it grows in size.Then rinse it well in cold water atleast 2-3 times.Squeeze the water and half each chunk if you feel it too big.
- In a mixer grind 2 tomatoes into a smooth paste without adding water,Set aside.In a mixing bowl take soya chunks along with red chilli powder,salt,coriander powder and garam masala powders.
- Give a quick mix and let it marinade for atleast 15mins.Meanwhile you can crush the ingredients listed under ‘to crush’, I used my mhand mortar pestle to do this, (forgot to click that step) – Just crush it so that the mixture is wet and coarse,Set aside.In a pan heat a tsp of oil and toast soya chunks for 5mins until slightly golden,Set aside.In the same pan now add onion,capsicum saute for 2mins and set aside.
- Heat oil in a seperate pan – add the crushed items first let it splutter then add tomato pulp let it cook for few mins until raw smell leaves.Now add ginger garlic paste,garam masala,red chilli and coriander powders.Cook for 5mins in low flame.Adjust salt.
- Add little water and simmer.When it becomes thick and saucy add toasted soya chunks.
- Then add onion,capsicum along with tomato sauce.Give a quick mix,garnish with coriander leaves and switch off.
Serve hot with phulka!
- You can make it as gravy by adding more tomatoes.
- You can replace soya chunks with any other vegetables or even paneer.
- The spice powders are your preference.Adjust to your liking.
- Freshly ground spices add extra flavour to the gravy so don’t skip.You can run it in mixie too.