I am really confused with the way it is named as pudding or kheer, But If you ask me I would just say Pineapple Sago dessert to make it simple 🙂 This pineapple sago can be made thick and left to set as pudding or simple had as kheer with a runny consistency whichever way you like. I did not let it to set, just clicked the pictures soon after I made it.This recipe is more like mango sago that I posted a while back.
Pineapple Sago Recipe – Ingredients
Recipe Category: Dessert | Recipe Cuisine: World
Pineapple – 1/2 cup chopped
Milk(Boiled & Cooled) – 1/2 cup
Sago – 1/2 cup
Sugar – 1/4 cup
Condensed Milk – 1/8 cup
- Take chopped pineapple pieces in a pan add a tbsp of sugar to it, add 1/4 cup water and let it cook for a while till the pineapple pieces become soft without any water.Set aside
- Take enough water in a pan, add sago to it and cook it.Switch off when it becomes transparent, drain all the water and set aside.
- Add milk to a pan and heat it up, simmer for 5mins.Now add condensed milk and sugar.
- Cook for few mins then add sago and simmer for atleast 10mins.
- Stir in between so that it doesnt get stuck to the bottom.Simmer until you see the milk thick.
- You can see the milk has reduced in volume and also has a thick, creamy consistency.Switch off.
- Cool down completely then add cooked pineapple and give a quick stir.Keep covered for few mins and then pour in serving glass and refrigerate it for 30mins,
Serve chilled with cut pineapples as topping.
- Take care while cooking sago.Don’t make it mushy.
- Chill the pudding then while serving top it up with chopped mangoes and serve.
- After adding sago it thickens so adjust the consistency accordingly.It also thickens with time.
- Adjust consistency of the pudding according to your liking.
- You can even add 1/4 cup coconut milk for extra flavour.
- I used homemade condensed milk.