I made this Ragda recipe many months back when I was craving for chaats but was not able to relish chaats in restaurants.This baby in me never allowed to have chaats and many of my favs in restaurants yes I was limited only to pongal everytime I visited restaurants that even mittu started teasing me that the baby will come out and ask only for pongal 🙂
Recipe Category: Snack | Recipe Cuisine: Indian
Dried Yellow Peas – 1/2 cup
Onion – 1/4 cup chopped finely
Ginger Garlic Paste – 1 tsp
Turmeric powder – a generous pinch
Red Chilli Powder – 1/2 tsp
Coriander powder – 1/2 tsp
Garam Masala powder – 1/2 tsp
Coriander leaves – 2 tbsp chopped finely
Oil -1 tsp
- Soak yellow peas overnight.Ina pressure cooker add yellow peas along with enough water,turmeric powder and oil.Pressure cook for 3 whistles.
- Mash it slightly and set aside.In a pan heat oil – add ginger garlic paste,add onion.
- Saute until slightly browned, then add mashed peas along with red chilli powder,garam masala powder and coriander powders with required salt.Mix well and let it boil.
- After few mins it will start to become thick and dry, at this stage add little water.Let it boil until it becomes thick and creamy.Garnish with coriander leaves and switch off.
Serve as a snack.
- While mashing, mash it such a way that there are whole peas here and there.
- Boil well till the gravy is thick and creamy.
- I added less coriander leaves in the gravy as I add more while serving.