Karasev is a easy savory snack that you can make at home.I have already posted a karasev recipe with just pepper, now tried garlic kara sev / poondu kara sev to post it here for this Diwali 2015.The garlic flavour was so good in this sev, You can make it in bulk and store them.A hot cup of tea with any deep fried snack is what I crave for a rainy evening, perfect for this chill climate too.So what are you waiting for?! Just make your batch and enjoy homemade snacks, you can be happy to pack homemade snacks for your kids too.
Garlic Kara Sev Recipe – Ingredients
Recipe Category: Snack | Recipe Cuisine: South Indian
Besan Flour – 1/2 cup levelled
Rice Flour – 1/2 cup levelled
Garlic – 3 big cloves
Cooking Soda – 1/8 tsp
Red Chilli powder – 3/4 tsp
Pepper powder – 1/4 tsp
Hot oil – 1 tbsp
Salt – to taste
- Take garlic in a mixer, add a tsp of water and grind it smooth.In a mixing bowl add besan flour,rice flour,garlic paste,pepper powder,red chilli powder and required salt.
- Heat oil.Mix it well first for even mixing then add hot oil.
- Mix once again.Now add water little by little to form a smooth slightly sticky dough.
- Take your murukku mould.Grease the press with oil.Fill the murukku press with the dough till 3/4 th.
- Heat oil in a kadai – squeeze the murukku press in circles directly in hot oil.Just one or 2 layers should be enough,Do not overcrowd.Regulate heat and fry.
- Cook in low medium flame on both sides till golden.Once the bubbles ceases, remove and drain in tissue paper.Repeat the process till the entire dough finishes.Break them roughly and store in airtight container.
Serve with tea.
- You can even add equal ratios of rice flour and besan flour.
- You can skip pepper powder and add only red chilli powder.
- The dough shouldn’t be very tight so add water accordingly.
- I added 3 big cloves of garlic.
- I used my murukku press mould.
- You can replace oil with butter too.
- Cooking soda is added to give a slightly soft texture.