Rava Payasam is a very quick and easy kheer that you can make for any occasion.This is not only quick to make, it gives good volume too so you can make for friday naivedyam and share it among neighbours and friends.Tomorrow Sep 5th 2015 is Gokulashtami, so thought of posting this easy payasam recipe.
Rava Payasam Recipe
Recipe Category: Sweet | Recipe Cuisine: Indian
Rava(Sooji) – 1/4 cup
Sugar – 1/3 cup heaped
Milk – 1 and 1/2 cups + 1/2 cup
Ghee – 2 tsp
Water – 1/2 cup
Cardamom powder – 1/4 tsp
Cashews – 5 broken
Raisins – 13
- Heat ghee in a kadai – fry cashews till golden,set aside.Then add raisins and fry till it plumps up.In the same kadai add rava and roast it slightly, don’t let the color change.
- Add 1/2 cup water and 1/2 cup milk and heat it up.Add roasted rava and cook in low flame.
- Keep mixing and cook till rava becomes soft.Then add sugar.
- Keep mixing to avoid lumps.You can use a whisk for this.Then add remaining 1 and 1/2 cups of milk and let it simmer for 5mins.
- Add cardamom powder and mix well.Finally add ghee fried cashews,raisins and mix well.
Serve hot / warm!
- This payasam thicken with time so switch off when its a little runny.
- I used fine rava so it gets cooked easily.
- You can even add a tbsp of condensed milk for more richness.
- Roast rava just for few mins, don’t let it change the color.