Aadi Paal Recipe
Recipe Category: Snack | Recipe Cuisine: South Indian| Reference : Shanthis
Thick Coconut Milk – 3/4 cup
Thin Coconut Milk – 1/4 cup(I added little more)
Jaggery syrup – 1/3 cup
Cardamom powder – 1/4 tsp
Edible Camphor – a very tiny piece
Cashews – 5 whole broken
Ghee – 1 tsp
Water – as required for making syrup and coconut milk
- Soak jaggery in warm water(till immersing level) , crush it well. Then heat it up until it is slightly thick (no string consistency needs to be checked).Strain and keep aside.(I made more than above mentioned quantity for storing purpose).
- Take coconut in a mixer , add water and blend it to a coarse mixture.Now transfer this coconut mixture to a strainer and press it with a spoon till all the milk is drained.Now the extracted milk is the first coconut milk. If you want a thin version then again add this coconut mixture and add more water, blend and then strain to get the 2nd thin coconut milk.
- I measured coconut milk and jaggery syrup and kept it ready.Heat ghee in a tadka pan – add cashews and fry till golden.
- Take jaggery syrup in a pan and heat it up until it is slightly thick more like honey in consistency.Simmer flame and add thin coconut milk and mix well.
- When it starts to boil, simmer to lowest flame possible add thick coconut milk mix well and switch off.
- Add fried cashews,cardamom powder and edible camphor, mix well.
Serve hot / warm.
- Simmer flame while adding coconut milk.
- Just when its about to boil, add thick coconut milk.After thick coconut milk is added, don’t let it boil then it will start splitting.
- You can even add raisins and saffron for extra flavour.
- Mix well before serving.
- It will look runny, but after resting time it slightly thickens.