Check out more manchurian recipes already posted :
Schezwan Chilli Potatoes Recipe – Ingredients
Recipe Category: Sidedish / Starter | Recipe Cuisine: Indo Chinese
Potatoes – 2 small
Cornflour – 1 tbsp
Pepper powder – 1 tsp
Salt – to taste
Oil – 1 tbsp
For the manchurian:
Oil – 3 tsp
Spring onions(white part) – 1/2 tbsp white part
Vinegar – 1/8 tsp(optional)
Garlic – 1 tbsp chopped finely
Green Chilli – 1/2 chopped finely
Big Onion – 2 tbsp finely chopped
Capsicum – 1/4 cup cubed
Soya sauce – 1/4 tsp
Tomato Sauce – 1 tbsp
Schezwan Sauce – 1 tsp
Cornflour – 1/2 tsp mixed with 2 tbsp water
Salt – to taste
Spring onions(green part) – 1 tbsp green part
- Wash potatoes well, peel off the skin.Slice them and chop them into wedges.Rinse it well to remove excess starch in potatoes.
- In a mixing bowl take cornflour,pepper powder and salt.Sprinkle little water just for binding, mix well.In a pan heat oil and pan fry the potatoes.Alternative you can deep fry them too.Add them in batches and fry till golden.
- Drain in tissue paper and set aside.Heat oil in the same pan – add chopped garlic,,spring onion white part and saute for 2mins.Then add onion, capsicum,green chillies and fry for 2mins.
- Now add soya sauce,green chilli sauce and schezwan sauce, mix well and cook for a minute.Then add little water and cornflour water and bring it to a semi thick saucy consistency.Add little salt.
- Now add fried potatoes and give a toss, finally garnish with spring onion green part, give a toss and switch off.
Serve hot with any fried rice of your choice or just as a starter.Serve immediately before it becomes soggy.
- Don’t skip green chillies, I fine chopped it so that it doesn’t come in mouth while eating.
- Don’t add more water while mixing with potatoes, just sprinkle little water to get a binding.
- I pan fried potatoes but alternatively you can deep fry them too.
- This is medium spicy, adjust schezwan sauce according to your spice level preference.
- Adding onions is purely optional, you can skip that too.
- I used homemade schezwan sauce.
- The consistency is purely your choice, you can make it saucy like how I have did or make it dry too.
- Always serve hot as it may turn soggy when resting time is given.
- Adding cornflour water mixture is purely optional – this is just to make the sauce thick.
- Don’t add more soya sauce than the mentioned amount else it will change the taste and make the manchurian more darker in color.