Mango Popsicle can have so many variations, I have already posted mango yogurt popsicles so this year wanted to post the simple mango popsicles.Just mangoes with sugar and a mild flavouring, just freeze it and your mango popsicles are ready.
I am busy setting up my new desktop so will be back with some interesting posts from tomorrow, so till then hang on with this simple mango popsicle recipe perfect for the season!
Mango Popsicle Recipe
Recipe Category: Popsicles | Recipe Cuisine: Indian
Mango – 2 small(I used alphonsa)
Sugar – 4 tbsp
Cardamom powder – 1/2 tsp
- Rinse mangoes,peel off the skin and chop them into bite sized pieces.Discard the seeds.Take chopped mangoes and sugar in a blender.Blend it to a smooth paste, add little water to adjust the thickness and blend again.
- Add cardamom powder and mix well.Now get ready with your popsicle moulds.
- Pour mango pulp into the mould till 3/4th and close it with a lid.Wrap it with a aluminium foil and then insert icecream sticks if you are using them.Freeze for 8 hrs or overnight.Then carefully show the bottom part in running tap water, set aside undisturbed for atleast 2-3mins then slowly remove the popsicles.
- You can use papercups for freezing too.If you have popsicle moulds then use them.But usually lollies are mini version of popsicles so I used icetrays.
- Freezing for atleast 8 hrs is required but I kept it overnight.
- For easy demoulding – show the popsicle moulds in warm water, then pull the stick out slowly to get the ice pops clean.
- Adjust sugar according to the sweetness of the fruit.
- I used alphonsa mangoes, you can use any variety of mango you like.
- If you don’t like cardamom flavour replace with little saffron soaked in milk.