Recipe Category: Drink | Recipe Cuisine: North Indian
Water – 3 and 1/2 cups
Mint Leaves – 1/8 cup tightly packed
Coriander Leaves – 1/8 cup tightly packed
Ginger – a small piece
Lemon Juice – 1 tsp
Cumin Seeds – 1/2 tsp
Tamarind – 1 tbsp
Boondi – just for garnish
Sugar – 1 tsp
Roasted Jeera Powder – 1/4 tsp
Black Salt – 1/8 tsp(I used normal salt)
Amchur Powder – 1/8 tsp
Chat Masala Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Get all your ingredients ready.Soak tamarind in little water.Now add the ingredients except the spice powders and lemon to a mixer.
- Sprinkle little water and Grind it to a paste.Chill water for atleast an hour.Now place a strainer over the bowl containing water and strain it.
- Keep straining till you see a thick pulp without any water content.Now add the spice powders along with sugar and add lemon juice.Mix well.
Garnish with boondi and Serve chilled!
- This keeps well atleast for a week if refrigerated.
- You can add little more sugar if you feel its very tangy.
- This keeps well for a week if refrigerated.