I can have chapathi / rotis even 3 times a day like a pakka North Indian and mittu takes after me in this 😉 So I always have chapathi dough kneaded and store it in the fridge for 2-3 days, then again make a fresh batch.So making phulka is always a breeze for me, and mostly I don’t feel like having rice for lunch so the chapathi dough comes to my rescue.
Matar Mushroom Masala Recipe – Ingredients
Recipe Category: Sidedish | Recipe Cuisine: Indian
Mushroom – 1 cup sliced thin
Green Peas – 1/3 deshelled
Big Onion – 1 medium sized chopped finely
Tomatoes – 2
Ginger Garlic Paste – 1/2 tsp
Broken Cashews – 1 tbsp
Red Chilli Powder – 1/2 tsp – 2
Garam Masala powder – 1/4 tsp
Kitchen King Masala – 1 tsp
Coriander leaves – just for garnish
Salt – to taste
Oil – 1 tsp
Jeera 1 tsp
- Chop tomatoes roughly.Grind it to a smooth paste.Soak cashews in water for 15mins.
- Then grind it to a smooth paste.Steam cook peas and set aside.Heat oil in a pan – add jeera let it splutter.
- Then add onion,ginger garlic paste and saute till slightly golden then add tomato puree and let it boil for 3mins till raw smell leaves.Then add red chilli powder and garam masala powders.
- Cook till the mixture turns dry and there is no raw smell of tomatoes.Then add cashew paste.I used Everest Kitchen King Masala.
- Add kitchen king masala, add little water and let the gravy boil.Meanwhile dry saute mushrooms in another pan once it shrinks and starts leaving out water, switch off.
- Now add sauted mushrooms and peas.Let the gravy simmer for atleast 8-10mins in low flame.If it becomes too thick adjust by adding little water.Finally garnish with coriander leaves and switch off.
Serve hot with phulkas or rice.
- You can even add mushrooms as such but to retain its crunch I sauted and added at the final stage.
- I used fresh peas so steam cooked and added it.If you are using frozen peas then you can add it as such and cook.
- Adding cashew paste gives a richness to the gravy.
- As we are adding cashew paste, it suppresses the spice, so add more spice than for the usual gravies as mentioned.This gravy is medium spicy.
- If you don’t have kitchen king masala then proceed with garam masala alone, add little more than mentioned.