Check out other sandwich recipes that I’ve posted so far
Salad Sandwich Recipe – Ingredients
Recipe Category: Breakfast | Recipe Cuisine: World|Recipe Reference : 4thsensecooking
Bread – 8 slices
Thick Curd(Yogurt) – 1 cup
White Chana – 1/2 cup
Rajma – 1/3 cup
Tomato – 2 tbsp chopped finely
Onion – 3 tbsp chopped finely
Sugar – 1 tsp
Roasted Jeera Powder – 1/2 tsp
Pepper powder – 1/4 tsp
Chat Masala Powder – 1/4 tsp
Coriander Leaves – 1 tbsp chopped finely
Salt – to taste
Ghee – as required to toast
- Take thick curd and pour it in a muslin cloth.Bring the ends of the cloth to the center.Tie it.
- And hang it.Allow the water to drip by itself, do not disturb the setup for an 30mins to 1 hr.Open the collect the hung curd in a bowl and set aside.Soak chana and rajma overnight and pressure cook until soft.I gave 8 whistles for chana and 6 whistles for rajma for pressure cooking.Transfer rajma and chana to a wide mixing bowl.
- Then add all the other ingredients except bread to the mixing bowl and give a gentle toss.Spoon generous mixture of the salad and add it to one side of the bread.
- Close the sandwich with the other bread, press it slightly so that it gets sealed.Heat dosa tawa drizzle ghee and add one sandwich at a time.While one side gets toasted press the sandwich with a flat laddle so that it gets toasted evenly.
- Toast it till golden brown.Flip to other side and cook.Switch off and cut them into triangles and serve.
Serve hot ….yummm!!
- You can add any legumes of your choice.
- You can either toast and make sandwich and use sandwich maker.
- I used white bread, you can use wheat or multigrain bread too.
- Always use a flat laddle to press the sandwich while toasting , this ensures even browning.
- This sandwich has to be served immediately else it will become soggy.
- The mild sweetness gives a nice flavour to the salad so I would recommend adding sugar.