Red Bellpepper Soup Recipe – Ingredients
Recipe Category: Beverage | Recipe Cuisine: Indian
Red Bell Pepper – 1 medium sized
Tomato Sauce – 1 tsp(optional)
Oregano – a pinch
Pepper powder – 1/4 tsp
Water – as required
Salt – to taste
To saute and grind:
Cooking Oil – 1 tsp
Garlic – 3 small slitted
Big Onion – 1 small sized chopped roughly
Tomato – 1 small sized chopped roughly
Spring Onion – 2 tsp finely chopped
- Prick a fork into a medium sized red bellpepper and roast it in medium flame.Turn over and keep roasting so that roasting is done evenly.Roast the bellpepper till its completely cooked and tender.Then let it cool down.Now scrap off the outer skin with a knife.Discard the seeds and chop into small cubes,Set aside.
- In a pan add a tsp of oil and saute onion,garlic and tomato until tomto turns mushy and raw smell leaves.Cool down and transfer the contents to a mixie and grind it alone with the bellpepper cubes to a fine paste.
- Transfer the bellpepper paste to a pan along with little water and let it to boil for 3-5mins.Then add tomato sauce,garnish with pepper powder,oregano and switch off.
- Adjust water quantity according to the consistency you need the soup to be.I added just 1/4 cup water.
- Make sure to roast bellpepper evenly, roast it till completely cooked.
- You can even use milk for a creamier version.Add it at the last stage and let it boil for a good 5mins in low flame.
- Adding tomato sauce gives a slight tangy taste.
- Use freshly ground pepper powder for a great flavour.