Oats Lollipop Recipe – Ingredients
Recipe Category: Finger Food | Recipe Cuisine: Indian
Quick Cooking Oats – 1/2 cup(I used quaker)
Jaggery – 1/4 cup
Water – 1/4 cup
Ghee – 1 tsp
Powdered nuts – 1 tbsp
Tutti Frutti – 2 tbsp
I made it in bulk and used just 1 tbsp for this recipe
- Soak jaggery in warm water. Then heat it up until it is slightly thick in consistency(no string consistency needs to be checked) .Strain and keep aside.I made more than above mentioned quantity so please don’t compare it with the ingredients list.
- Toast nuts till its slightly browned.Then grind it to a coarse powder.Set aside.I wanted to store so made in bulk but used only 1tbsp for this recipe.
- Dry roast oats till nice aroma comes,Set aside.Then add jaggery syrup and heat it up, add roasted oats and mix well and cook in low flame.
- Check if oats is cooked, else sprinkle little water and cook.Don’t let the mixture dry, it should be slightly moist.Switch off.Add tutti frutti,nuts mixture, ghee and mix well.Combine it with your hands when its warm.
- Grease your hand with little ghee and Shape the mixture into small balls by rolling it in between your palms and insert a small toothpick in the centre.
Cool completely and store in an air-tight container.
- Don’t add more water then oats will be overcooked and will become mushy.
- Jaggery should be slightly thick.
- You can just shape them into balls and make them as ladoos too. To just make it fancy for kids you can make them as lollipops.
- You can even add a tbsp of choco chips replacing tutti frutti.
- Keeps well for 2-3 days in room temperature.