Ginger Chutney Recipe – Ingredients
Recipe Category: Sidedish | Recipe Cuisine: South Indian
Ginger – 1/4 cup chopped
Dry Red Chillies – 4 small
Garlic – 2 chopped finely
Urad Dal – 1 tbsp
Channa Dal – 1.5 tbsp
Tamarind – 1/2 tsp
Jaggery – 2 tsp
Oil – 1 tsp
Salt – to taste
Oil – 2 tsp
Mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp
Curry Leaves – a small sprig
- Wash the ginger,peel off the skin and chop it roughly into pieces,Set aside.Heat a pan with oil add red chillies,garlic and saute for few mins till garlic turns golden brown.Set aside.Now in the same pan add dals and saute till golden brown.
- Add heat 1/2 tsp oil, then add ginger and saute till nicely browned set aside.Now get ready with tamarind and jaggery.
- Transfer all the ingredients to your mixer and cool down completely.Then grind it coarsely.Add water and required salt.
- Grind it to a fine paste.Transfer to a bowl and start with tempering.Heat oil in a pan add mustard seeds,curry leaves and let it crackle.Transfer the tempering to the chutney.
Serve with hot idlis.
- You can even saute onion tomato and add it but shelf life will be less.
- This chutney keeps well for 2 days in room temperature itself when refrigerated it will extend upto a week.
- Add water little by little and add only required else the chutney will become watery.
- After the tempering is done, you can even add the chutney and saute for 2mins and then switch off, this extends the shelf life more.