I was drinking green tea regularly, then for few months I totally forgot about it.So when I got an email from Tetley asking me to review about their product I coudnt say no to my favorite tea brand…yes I had always used tetley green tea but the one I used was green tea leaves powder. Few weeks later I received the parcel from Tetley and I never had clue what type of green tea it is going to be….To my surprise it was a five flavours of green tea bags. Using green tea bags is mess free and its very quick to make too. The flavours I received are :
- Green Tea (Plain)
- Honey Lemon Green Tea
- Mint,Ginger and Lemon Green Tea
- Cinnamon Honey and
- Aloe Vera
The color after infusion of tea varies for each flavour and I was excited to see that 🙂
Carefully sourced… green tea leaves from Asia are combined with African green tea leaves sourced from the high altitude plantations to create our great quality green tea.
100% Natural… Tetley green tea leaves are simply picked, cut anddried and are a natural source of fluoride.
Skillfully tasted… All of their green tea products are quality checked at least 8 times.
Expertly blended… They have an unique blend of Asian and African green teas mean you can enjoy a smooth refreshing flavour, without the bitter taste found in some green teas.
It is purely optional to add honey, you can even add salt,…Its purely our preference and taste.
Honey Lemon Flavour : The first flavour I tasted was honey lemon flavour as I knew the combination will always be a winner….and yes as I expected it was too good.What I loved the most in all the flavours was the flavours were subtle and not too pungent, thats really good and worth mentioning too.
Ginger Mint and Lemon flavour : This is an excellent blend of ginger mint and lemon, soothing and aromatic.
Green Tea Recipe – Ingredients
Recipe Category: TeaTime | Recipe Cuisine: Indian
Water – 1 cup
Tetly Green Tea Bag – 1
Honey -1 tsp
- Boil water until it bubbles up.Transfer 1 cup of water to your tea mug.Oh! yeah thats my favourite everyday coffee mug that I use which I got from Westside 🙂
- Add honey(which is optional) – then immerse the tea bags and dip dip dip till color changes.
Your green tea is ready to be served!
Aloe Vera Flavour : This was the last flavour I tried as I was skeptical how it would taste, but trust the flavour is jut awesome.
Green Tea Benefits and Goodness:
- Green tea has also been effective in lowering cholesterol levels
- New evidence is emerging that green tea can even help dieters.
- With green tea, you get two in one. Its fat burning property helps you to burn fat and also to exercise longer – at the same time.
- Green tea anti-cancer prowess extends beyond its antioxidant activities.
- Green tea is anti-diabetic. Green tea helps to fight against heart diseases and is good for heat too.
Disclaimer: This is an unpaid review and my review totally depends on my taste and preferences.
Certain information about green tea are sourced from Tetley and Wikipedia.