Was at annanagar today after years, felt a bit nostalgic seeing the places that I have roamed around….the hospital where mittu was born,my shopping times at Nalli,Santosh stores,the restaurants I have been to so many times but still crave for that sambar rice from hotchips and my fav north indian menu from Paramount….aahhh good old memories.
Pepper Poha – Ingredients
Recipe Category: Snack | Recipe Cuisine: South Indian
Poha – 3/4 cup (I used thick poha)
Whole Pepper – 1 tsp
Cashews – 5 broken
Grated Coconut – 2 tbsp
Salt – to taste
Oil – 2 tsp
Ghee – 1 tsp
Mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp
Split Urad Dal – 1/2 tsp
Curry leaves – a small sprig
Red Chillies – 2 small torn into pieces
- Dry roast whole pepper till nice aroma rises.Cool down and grind it to a coarse powder,Set aside.Rinse poha, soak it for few mins until its soft, Set aside.Roast the cashews in ghee till golden brown,set aside.
- Heat oil – add the items listed under ‘to temper’ let it splutter then add pepper powder,required salt saute for a minute.Drain water from poha and add it.
- Give a quick mix, add coconut.Give a quick stir and finally add roasted cashews and switch off.
Serve hot / warm as a snack!
- This is a little spicy, but you can reduce pepper as per your liking.
- You can even roast pepper jeera and grind it coarsely.