Ginger Tea is a very soothing and refreshing drink. I have read/heard that hotwater + lemon + honey when had in empty stomach helps in weight reduction.I have already posted ginger tea with milk….this tea is a variation without milk. Hang on with this simple recipe until I am back next week with few interesting recipes…yes thats a promise 🙂
Ginger Tea Recipe
Water – 2 cups
Fresh Ginger – 1 tbsp
Lemon juice – 1 tsp
Lemon slice – 1
Honey – 3 tsp
- Wash ginger first then Scrap the skin of ginger. Grate it finely using a grater.
- Add grated ginger to boiling water in a sauce pan.Let it boil in low heat for 5-6mins.Then strain it using a strainer.
- Then add lemon juice and honey. Then add sliced lemon and keep it immersed for few mins.
Serve it hot or warm with lemon slice.Sip and enjoy!! 🙂
- Adjust honey according to the sweetness you want.I usually add only 2 tsp as I like the strong flavour of ginger very much.
- You can make it in a large pot and store it for 2 days. While serving you can heat it up for a while and serve with lemon slice.
- Adding lemon/lemon juice is optional but I recommend lemon ginger combination which works great.