Mango Pickle and that too instant...who can resist?! Forget about the soaking and waiting time....this is a instant version, can be done in a jiffy and served instantly.I have already posted a sweet version of mango pickle and manga thokku already....so have your pick :) Curd rice and mango pickle....my anytime fav combo!
Mango Pickle Recipe - IngredientsCooking Time: 30 mins
Raw Mango - 1 chopped
Red Chilli powder - 1 tsp
Turmeric powder - a generous pinch
Salt - to taste
To roast & grind:Fenugreek seeds - 1/2 tsp
Red Chillies - 2
To temper:Oil - 1.5 tbsp
Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
Hing - 1/4 tsp
1.Wash the raw mango, chop into bite sized pieces, set aside. In a pan, dry roast fenugreek seeds and red chillies till golden brown.Transfer it to a mixer.
2.Grind it to a semi coarse powder,set aside. In a pan, heat oil - add mustard seeds let it splutter. Add roasted powder,red chilli powder,hing and turmeric powder.
3.Give a quick mix and switch off. Transfer this to the chopped raw mango pieces,add salt and mix well.Let it to rest.
Serve with curd rice.
- Make the powder a bit coarse so that it adds a nice crunch to the pickle.
- Adjust spice level according to your preference.
- Keeps well for 3-4 days in room temperature. May be it wil keep well for 2 more days of refrigerated.Additional oil can be used oil must be boiled and cooled before adding to the pickle to increase the shelf life of the pickle.
- Choose raw mangoes that are firm.Amma said if more oil floats on top (as for any pickle) it increases shelf life so may be add 1/4 cup oil if you want more shelf life.Always use clean spoon everytime. Also dont keep eversilver spoon immersed in the pickle, the pickle will get spoiled easily.
- This is instant pickle and you need not wait till soaking time.Just make it and serve it.
Written by: SHARMILEE J