Mango Pickle Recipe – IngredientsCooking Time: 30 mins
Raw Mango – 1 chopped
Red Chilli powder – 1 tsp
Turmeric powder – a generous pinch
Salt – to taste
To roast & grind:
Fenugreek seeds – 1/2 tsp
Red Chillies – 2
Oil – 1.5 tbsp
Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
Hing – 1/4 tsp
- Make the powder a bit coarse so that it adds a nice crunch to the pickle.
- Adjust spice level according to your preference.
- Keeps well for 3-4 days in room temperature. May be it wil keep well for 2 more days of refrigerated.Additional oil can be used oil must be boiled and cooled before adding to the pickle to increase the shelf life of the pickle.
- Choose raw mangoes that are firm.Amma said if more oil floats on top (as for any pickle) it increases shelf life so may be add 1/4 cup oil if you want more shelf life.Always use clean spoon everytime. Also dont keep eversilver spoon immersed in the pickle, the pickle will get spoiled easily.
- This is instant pickle and you need not wait till soaking time.Just make it and serve it.