Broccoli Pasta Recipe – Ingredients
Recipe Category: Main | Recipe Cuisine: Italian
Pasta – 1 cup
Broccoli – 1 medium sized floret(comes to 3/4 cup)
Garlic – 4 chopped finely
Chilli flakes – 1 tsp
Pepper powder – 1/2 tsp
Oregano / Italian seasoning – 1/2 tsp (optional)
Pistachios – 1 tbsp
Cheese – 2 tbsp
Olive oil – 1 tbsp
- Boil water(just enough for the pasta to immerse) in a pan, when it starts boiling add the pasta wih little salt and 1/4 tsp oil and cook until soft yet firm enough to bite. Cut the broccoli into small bite sized florets and soak in hot water(just incase to remove worms if any), drain the water.
- Bring water to boil and add the broccoli florets and cook until soft, yet crunchy. Keep aside. In a pan dry roast pistachios until crisp.Reserve the cooked water.
- Grind it to a coarse powder,set aside. In a pan heat oil – add chopped garlic, chilli flakes and fry till golden brown.Then add broccoli,pepper powder and saute.
- Saute till it shrinks and changes color, then add the cooked pasta along with oregano then sprinkle the broccoli stock water(no need to add fully) and give a quick stir. Then add pista powder and cheese – give a quick toss and switch off.
Serve hot with a generous garnish of cheese.
- Parmesan cheese is usually preferred for this recipe. But I didnt get it here so went ahead with just amul cube cheese. Parmesan cheese helps binding easier but I loved it with cube cheese too 🙂
- Dont overcook broccoli it should be crunchy enough to bite.
- It is more like salad kind so dont try to overpower with the spices.
- Adjust pepper powder and chilli flakes according to your spice level.