Sweet Corn Sundal Recipe – Ingredients
Recipe Category: Sidedish | Recipe Cuisine: South Indian
Sweet Corn – 1 cup
Grated Coconut – 1 tbsp
Salt – to taste
To roast and grind:
Red chillies – 1
Coriander seeds – 1 tsp
Chana Dal – 2 tsp
Mustard Seeds – 1 tsp
Urad Dal – 1 tsp
Red Chillies – 1
Curry leaves – few
Oil – 1 tsp
- Pressure cook corn for 3-4 whistles or until soft, Set aside. Dry roast the ingredients listed under ‘To roast and grind”and grind it to a semi fine powder, Set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds, urad dal let it splutter then add curry leaves and red chillies saute for a minute. Then add cooked corn, followed by spice powder.
- Add required salt , then coconut, give a quick stir….saute for 2mins till all is combined and switch it off.
Serve hot or warm. I am sure you will enjoy this sundal!
- You can ignore the spice powder and make it like regular sundal with temperings and coconut alone.
- But the spice powder gives a nice punch to this sundal.
- I used frozen corn….you can use fresh corn too.