Hope you all are having a great relaxing sunday! We are having a great time relaxing at home too….with mittu fast asleep I had some time to write this post now. When I was browsing through pasta recipes, I found this mac and cheese recipe quite interesting.So I googled for a baked version and made this. We totally loved it as it had a crusty top from the breadcrumbs with a soft cheesy pasta…total yum. I would recommend having it as a brunch (skip a meal) so that you dont feel guilty of having the cheesy pasta 🙂 But guess a day of cheesy indulgence is ok to go what say?!
2.Heat butter in a pan, add maida mixture and roast for a minute. Then add milk little by little and whisk it so that no lumps are formed.
- As I have mentioned for stove top method, you can toast the breadcrumbs in little butter and then add as topping. I skipped that, I just added it as such.
- If you want a more saucy version, then just bake till the breadcrumbs turn golden brown say for just 5-7mins.
- I used shell type macroni , you can use other shapes of macroni too.
- As per the orginal recipe you can even use 1 tbsp of butter, I just reduced it for my requirement.
- I used kisan cheese spread which was mild flavoured and it was apt for this mac and cheese.
- I used my ramekins for baking as it is easy for individual servings, but you can use any big sized microwave safe bowl.