Written by: SHARMILEE J
Last summer when I googled to make the mango custard verrines, I saw the name parfait which was totally new to me. So for those who are new to it Parfait is nothing but a french layered dessert mostly containing some of the breakfast major staples. It is totally versatile as you can just choose what you like add fruits nuts with granola top it with yogurt and your parfait is ready in minutes. Additionally its a healthy dessert too.
1. Beat curd with a whisk - If you want to make it flavoured just puree fruit of your choice either strawberry or mango and mix it with the curd. Add powdered sugar, give a quick mix. I used a readymade strawberry flavoured yogurt which already had sweetness in it so didnt add sugar.
2.If your curd is not thick hang it in a muslin cloth for a while to drain excess water. Now your yogurt is ready for the first layer. Keep aside.
3.Make your serving glasses ready. Spoon the yogurt mixture and add it to form the first layer. Then add the granola, then chopped nuts, honey.
4. Again fill it up with yogurt fruit mixture. Do this alternatively till it reaches the rim of the glass.
5. Chill it for a while (optional) and your yogurt granola parfait is ready.
- To make it even more richer, you can mix cream with yogurt.
- You can also add chopped seasonal fruits of your choice.I just topped it with jujips just to make it look appealing for the pics :)
- Any fruit jam can also be added.
- I used homemade granola/museli , you can use the readymade one in Kellogs which comes in 2 varieties.
Enjoy making your easy dessert and impress your guests. Its easy, quick and sure will impress your guests in no time both lookwise and tastewise. So what are you waiting for, just try and dig in :O
The crunchy granola with the fruity yogurt - Yum!! As granola is family fav we enjoyed the dessert relishing every spoon :)