Oats Roti Recipe – Ingredients
Recipe Category: Main | Recipe Cuisine: North Indian
Wheat Flour -1 cup
Oats – 1/2 cup
Onion – 1 medium sized
Jeera – 1/2 tsp
Coriander leaves – 2 tsp finely chopped
Red Chilli Powder – 1 tsp
Oil -1 tsp + as required for toasting
Salt – to taste
- Grind oats to a fine powder. Then mix oats powder with wheat flour then add oil.
- Add red chilli powder, onions, coriander leaves, salt and mix well. Add water and start keading. Knead it to a smooth pilable dough just like chpathi dough. Make equal lemon sized balls and set aside for 15-30mins.
- Using a chapathi roller roll out to a slightly thin circle, dust flour while rolling. Do it gently as it tends to tear easily. Heat dosa tawa and add the roti carefully, drizzle oil. Once bubbles starts appearing turn to other side,. Cook on both sides till brown spots starts appearing.
Serve hot with dhal or any curry of your choice.
- You can omit the other ingredients and make a plain oats roti with wheat flour, oats flour, salt and oil.
- You can roll it to a thick roti too.
- We can powder the oats in advance, store it and use it when needed.